Now modern research agrees: color can positively affect our state of mind and health.
Here is a list of common ailments and symptoms, with the colors that can be helpful in healing them. We also include several easy ways to use colors for healing. It's all right here:
We do not recommend that you use color therapy instead of allopathic medical treatment, but as a helpful partner along with more conventional therapies.
Red: anemia, cold, leukemia, numbness
Orange: agoraphobia, alcoholism, arthritis, common cold, constipation, depression, fatigue, gallstones, gout, kidney disease, liver disease, rheumatism, muscular stiffness, ulcers
Yellow: arthritis, jaundice, rheumatism
Green: angina, chest pain, gastric ulcer, heart disease, peptic ulcer, trauma, tumors, warts
Turquoise: abscess, acne, asthma, boils, cold sore, dermatitis, eczema, fatigue, fever, hay fever, pneumonia, stings, stress, swelling, tension
Blue: anxiety, acne, asthma, backache, blisters, bruises, burns, cough, cramp, dermatitis, earache, emphysema, flatulence, gallstones, German measles, glandular fever, hay fever, hernia, herpes, hiccups, influenza, itching, laryngitis, lumbago, mumps, PMS, sneezing, sores, sprains, stammering, stiffness, stings, stress, sunburn, tonsillitis, toothache, wheezing
Violet: conjunctivitis, earache, menopause, mental illness, myopia, neuralgia, paranoia, warts
Magenta: fainting, headache, migraine, morning sickness, nausea, shock, stroke, vomiting
How to Use Color for Healing
1) Use colored lights, visualize colors or use crystal massage wands of various colors to stimulate reflexes in your hands, feet and on your body. Combining color with crystals with reflexology stimulation - and even further combining it with aromatherapy oils - can dramatically increase effectiveness.
2. Simply visualize or imagine the color in your mind as you bathe or lie quietly on your bed, in order to restore your well-being.
3. Purchase a colored light bulb in the shade you need. Insert into your bathroom fixture or portable lamp (making sure it is a safe distance from the water) and use it while you take a healing bath.
4. Use natural food coloring in the bathwater. Several drops won't affect your skin and will tint the water to a gentle hue.
5. Burn a candle in the appropriate color as you meditate, bathe, or simple lie quietly.