/ Our Courses
/ Basic Aromatherapy Practitioner - Payment Plan - 5 Payments
We have payment plans available! Click HERE
for more info! (No credit needed!)
Basic Aromatherapy Practitioner - Payment Plan - 5 Payments
Aromatherapy, sometimes also referred to as aromatic or scent medicine, is the art of healing the body using naturally distilled essences from different parts of plants to improve and enhance your everyday emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being.
These essences are known as essential oils.
This is a perfect continuing education course for therapists/practitioners of other modalities such as color/crystal therapy, energy medicine, reflexology, Massage Therapy, Reiki, Sound Therapy, Homeopathy, etc.
This course was developed by professionals in the Holistic Health Care field trained in the following modalities: Aromatherapy, Advanced/Master Aromatherapy, Reiki, Tuning Fork Therapy, Color and Crystal Therapy, Homeopathy, Herbalism, and Advanced Reflexology.Basic Aromatherapy Practitioner Home Study Course – 15 modules – 175 Hours - 5 Payments of $117.80 Each
NOTE: This is a BASIC course designed for those who wish a good working knowledge of aromatherapy to help themselves, family and friends. If you wish to practice professionally, you *really* need the Advanced Aromatherapy Practitioner Course.
Our sense of smell is about 10,000 times stronger than our sense of taste, but it is truly under appreciated. The olfactory system of your brain has a memory of scents and the longest recall of all the senses.
Just think… does the smell of baking bread bring back vivid memories of visits with a relative in your childhood.. ever catch a whiff of the cologne/perfume of an old lover? Memories that are attached to scent are stronger!!!!
Scent also stimulates the limbic system of the brain which responds by releasing neuro-chemicals. Such as Seratonin and Endorphins. These chemicals calm us.. arouse us… alleviate discomfort.
Aromatherapy is a holistic treatment, the aim of which is to produce a physical, spiritual, emotional and mental sense of well-being through inhalation and massage of essential oils. Essential oils are derived from plants and are chosen for their particular therapeutic qualities that are stimulating, refreshing and sedative.
Aromatherapy is also referred to as the fragrant art of using specially selected aromatic oils for therapeutic purposes. It is one of the fastest growing complementary therapies in the world and is recognized as one of the most natural and holistic treatments available today.
Aromatherapy does not aim to treat disease. Its aim is to release feelings of well-being, harmony and improved mental and physical health.
All graduates of an Alternative Healing Academy home study course will receive a 20% discount off an AHHA Practitioner Membership, if they meet qualifying criteria and join within six months of their graduation date.
- Module 1 – Overview and History of Aromatherapy
- Module 2 – The Sense of Smell, Emotions
- Module 3 – Ch’i and Meridians
- Module 4 – Stress and Its Effects
- Module 5 – Energetic Anatomy
- Module 6 – Essential Oils
- Module 7 – Carrier Oils, Top Note Oils
- Module 8 – Middle and Base Note Oils
- Module 9 – Overview of Essential Oils, Chemical and Healing Properties of Oils
- Module 10 – Conditions To Oils
- Module 11 – Aromatherapy and Pets
- Module 12 – Blending For Common Conditions
- Module 13 – Aromatherapy Massage
- Module 14 – Single Essential Oil Profiles
- Module 15 – Health and Safety
- Required: 2 Completed Aromatherapy Case Histories
Payment Plan: Basic Aromatherapy Practitioner Home Study Course – 15 modules – 175 Hours - 5 Payments of $117.80 Each
Aromatherapy Recipes, Example Aromatherapy Case Studies, Conditions to Oil charts, Incense Recipes, Essential Oil Profiles, Hazardous Oils, Recommended Reading List
Upon successful completion of this course (with a score of 80% or higher) and 2 completed aromatherapy case histories, you will have earned the title of Basic Aromatherapy Practitioner.
You will receive a beautiful Diploma, suitable for framing.
Certification Boards, Exams and/or Memberships:
- You will be eligible to apply for membership in AHHA.org (and receive a 20% discount on membership)
- You will be eligible to apply for membership in NAHA.org as a friend of aromatherapy member.
Additional Course Information:
- All courses are fully tutored at no extra cost by knowledgeable professionals in the holistic health care field. You can meet our tutors here
- You will have access to your tutor via email, the forums, the help desk system or, when needed, even by phone
- You will gain access to a student forum where you can interact with other students as well as AHA's tutors
- You will gain access to our workshop chat room where we hold regular workshops and seminars
- All modules are clearly explained, in pdf format and are fully illustrated and comprehensive
- All courses are very in-depth, always meeting, and in the vast majority of cases, exceeding industry standards
- You can take as much time as you want or need to complete a course - there is NO time limit
- Upon successful completion of any full diploma or certification course (with a score of 80% or higher), you will receive a beautiful Diploma, suitable for framing.
- You will gain access to a student dashboard where you will find your lessons, submit tests, download bonus and reference materials and read helpful articles on your chosen field of study
- Our courses are the perfect starting point for those who are looking to embark upon a new career which has the added benefit of helping others
- If you are a student utilizing a payment plan, sets of modules will be provided to you 3 at a time. Please see detailed information about our payment plans HERE.
- The Advanced Aromatherapy Practitioner, the Advanced Color/Crystal Aromatherapy and the Advanced ReflexAromatherapy Practitioner courses are designed to meet or exceed the requirements and guidelines of both the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) and Aromatherapy Registration Council (ARC).
- Our courses cover a wide variety of alternative healing modalities including Reflexology, Aromatherapy, Reiki, Color/Crystal Therapy, Color/Crystal Reflexology, Holistic Beauty Therapy, Anatomy & Physiology, and Color/Crystal Aromatherapy with new courses continually being developed
- Sales & Refund Policy: We will, within 30 days, refund the purchase price of any course you purchased *MINUS* the cost of the modules you have already received. Please contact support if you wish to be refunded or have questions about our refund policy.
- Payment plans are available, please Click Here for More Info
click an image for a larger view
reviewed by: AHA Student/Graduate
Oct 20 2011